Wednesday 17 April – Thursday 18 April 2024
Krantz GmbH would like to extend an exclusive invitation you to join a highly informative tour of the Greifswald Nuclear Power Plant, with a special focus decommissioning, ventilation, and a tour of the un-commissioned Block 6.
Greifswald Nuclear Power Plant, once a beacon of East Germany’s nuclear program, stands today as an intricate study in the cautious and technical realm of decommissioning. Block 6 presents an exceptional case, as it was never commissioned and provides a unique snapshot in nuclear history.
What makes this visit distinctive, you will gain a first-hand look at the complexities involved in dismantling a nuclear facility. Our experts will share their experiences, discuss the strategic approaches employed, and reveal the challenges faced during the decommissioning.
Safety precautions are an utmost priority during the visit, and all necessary protective clothing will be provided. Please note, due to the nature of the site, all guests are required to complete a security clearance prior to the tour; details will be provided upon RSVP.
All registrations will be sent to Krantz for final approval, so please wait to be informed of your confirmed place before booking any flights or accommodation. Please note that due to the nature of this visit places are very limited, so please register your interest early to ensure consideration for you place!
We will all meet in Berlin and travel to the site together via coaches organised by Krantz Ltd – please see the agenda of events below for more information!
Agenda of events
Wednesday 17 April 2024
- Meet at designated hotel (name and address of hotel TBC)
- 16:30 – 18:30 – B2B event (UK and German companies)
- 18:30 – 19:30 – Drinks reception sponsored by Krantz GmbH
- 20:00 – Dinner sponsored by Krantz at restaurant TBC
Thursday 18 April 2024
07:00 – Coach pick up from the Hotel and leave for Greifswald
10:00 – 10:30 – Registration and welcome presentation from Greifswald team
10:30 – 13:00 – First guided tour in 2 individual groups
- Areas to be visited:
- Block 6 of the Greifswald nuclear power plant. A Plant fully constructed but never fueled. Technology insights and decommissioning strategies.
- External Exhaust air system. Containerized Solution for 100,000m³/h incl. stack and stack monitoring system.
13:00 – 13:45 – Lunch break sponsored by Krantz
- Lunch will take place at ZLH = A dismantling hall for large components. Under construction but Ventilation systems already installed.
13:45 – 15:45 – Second guided tour in 2 individual groups
- Areas to be visited:
- ZDW = Central decontamination and water treatment facility. Under construction but ventilation system already installed. Insights and decommissioning strategies.
- ZAW* = Central active workshop. Demonstration of dismantling steps as well as waste handling and packaging.
15:45 – 16:00 – Conclusion and departure back to Berlin
20:00 – Dinner sponsored by Krantz at restaurant (TBC) / option to fly home
* ZAW is a radiologically controlled area. We will have access as visitors but complete change of clothes is required! Persons who won´t attend in this area could alternatively have a closer look at the ZLH area.