About the NIA
The NIA is the trade association for the civil nuclear industry in the UK. The NIA represents more than 250 companies across the supply chain. The diversity of NIA membership enables effective and constructive industry-wide interaction.
Who are we?
We believe nuclear energy is essential to meet the UK’s future clean energy needs. Together with renewables, clean coal and energy efficiency, nuclear can reduce carbon emissions. As part of a diversified energy mix, modern nuclear-generated energy can provide safe and reliable sources of power for UK homes, hospitals, schools and industries.
NIA member companies also have significant expertise in nuclear decommissioning and clean-up, with 17 nuclear sites in the UK currently being managed through the process.
What are our objectives?
- Improve the commercial performance of the nuclear industry by supporting member companies to develop their businesses in the UK and overseas.
- Engage with the public, media and political spheres to promote better understanding of nuclear energy and its role within a low carbon energy mix.
- Work collaboratively across the nuclear industry to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to young people.
How do we achieve this?
- Representing the industry to key audiences at home and abroad.
- Providing tools for information sharing and networking.
- Responding to Government consultations.
- Producing publications, newsletters and briefings.
- Organising events, meetings and conferences.
- Facilitating business groups.