About the NIA
The NIA is the trade association for the UK’s civil nuclear industry. We support over 280 member companies across the supply chain to ensure more nuclear power is deployed across the country for a safer, cleaner future; one which is better for industry and the environment.
Who are we?
Our priority is to ensure NIA members are central to delivering the UK’s nuclear opportunity, by offering the highest level of support.
Nuclear is our only source of low-carbon energy which is available 24/7, making it is essential to meet the UK’s clean energy needs. Working alongside renewables, it has provided reliable power for communities across the country for sixty years, saving more carbon emissions than any other energy source.
What are our objectives?
- Improve the commercial performance of the nuclear industry by supporting member companies to develop their businesses in the UK and overseas.
- Engage with the public, media and political spheres to promote better understanding of nuclear energy and its role within a low carbon energy mix.
- Work collaboratively across the nuclear industry to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to young people.
How do we achieve this?
- Representing the industry to key audiences at home and abroad.
- Providing tools for information sharing and networking.
- Responding to Government consultations.
- Producing publications, newsletters and briefings.
- Organising events, meetings and conferences.
- Facilitating business groups.