Supported by the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre the Nuclear Institute’s SMR 2018 conference will bring a first opportunity of the year to meet, discuss and refresh your knowledge on the latest developments relating to future UK deployment of Small Modular Reactors, refresh yourself on the technical lifecycle challenges, stay engaged and informed of the Government view on the next steps for a Small Modular Reactor (SMR) programme in the UK.
Listen to speakers and take part in the conversation, with interactive panel and roundtable sessions a key part of this year’s programme.
Benefits of attending
- Receive an update from UK Government on the latest developments regarding SMRs and enabling activities being undertaken by the government ensuring that your business gains the latest thinking on the potential for SMRs in the UK
- Understand the regulatory perspectives and challenges in licensing/permitting SMRs in the UK
- Hear from potential SMR technology vendors on the current status of their technology and the safety, operational and economics benefits they each bring, including the potential for UK supply chain involvement
- Inputs from a range of organisations that cab bring technical innovation to increase the potential for UK deployment of SMR technology including manufacturing and construction techniques to accelerate construction on-site and reduce project risk
- Understand the research & development and skills required to support a future UK SMR programme
- Hear from a potential SMR host location in the UK and what an anticipated end-user roadmap could look like
- Discuss the capabilities and capacity of the UK supply chain to manufacture and construct SMRs and understand the potential commercial opportunities that could result for your organisation
- Discounts are available for individual and corporate NI members. To enquire about your personal or organisational membership please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by NuScale Power.
Supported by Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
Hosted by Nuclear AMRC.