Monday 13th March 2023
Institution of Mechanical Engineers
1 Birdcage Walk London SW1H 9JJ
Tomorrow's Engineers Live is a free conference bringing the engineering community together to collaborate, discuss challenges and share good practice.
Tomorrow’s Engineers Live 2023 takes place on 13 March 2023 and is designed to help you get the most out of your outreach activities, with practical sessions, collaborative discussions and plenty of opportunities to share ideas.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear some top tips for evaluating impact, discuss ways to include young people’s voices in programme development, and learn more about talking to young people about the wide range of routes into engineering and much more.
We’ll be collating the ideas that emerge during the course of the day and identifying some clear actions for delegates to take forward after the event.
Secure your place for free today
Tomorrow’s Engineers Code
The Tomorrow’s Engineers Code is a community of over 250 organisations working towards common goals to increase the diversity and number of young people entering engineering careers.
Code Signatories, organisations that fund, design and/or deliver engineering-inspiration activities, sign up to 4 pledges
- Inspiring connection – ensuring programmes contribute to a sustained and rich STEM journey for all young people
- Driving inclusion – ensuring all young people have opportunities to engage in engineering-inspiration activities, so that no one is left behind
- Showcasing engineering – promoting a positive, compelling and authentic view of engineering, and showcasing the breadth of opportunities
- Improving impact – improving the monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities to develop a shared understanding of what works
Tomorrow’s Engineers – information and guidance to support improved practice
Tomorrow’s Engineers is an online hub that brings together resources to support practitioners in getting the most out of their engineering engagement activity. Resources, which range from reports and guides to presentations and webinars, focus on improving practice in 4 main areas:
- Careers inspiration – promoting the wide range of careers in modern engineering
- Delivering inspiration activities – designing and delivering activities with young people in mind
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – reaching all young people with engineering inspiration
- Research and evaluation – understanding and sharing what works