The Nuclear Fuel Fund aims to preserve the UK front-end nuclear fuel cycle capability, to support our ambition to increase civil nuclear deployment to up to 24GW by 2050.
The Nuclear Fuel Fund will provide up to £75 million in grants to help preserve the UK front-end nuclear fuel cycle capability, in support of the British energy security strategy.
Through this Request for Information we are asking industry to share views on the proposed fund design and pipeline of potential projects that might bid for funding.
We aim to better understand:
- the barriers to investment in the UK front-end nuclear fuel cycle, supply chain and capability, which risk the government’s energy policy objectives if not addressed – including, where available, evidence to support these views and international context
- the potential projects that could be brought forward subject to these investment barriers being overcome or reduced, to preserve the capability
- how the Nuclear Fuel Fund can best be designed and delivered to support the most promising project(s), maximise learnings and measure success
We particularly welcome feedback from participants across:
- the nuclear fuel sector, including operators, technology designers and vendors
- customers including utilities
- wider supply chain participants
- advisers and consultants
- research bodies
- national laboratories
Send your response to [email protected], with the email subject heading ‘Request for Information Response’ and the name of your project, by Thursday 4 August 2022.