The NIA is a not-for-profit organisation which works to promote the interests of its members and acts as a voice for the civil nuclear sector. We are a small team, based in central London.
This is an important role reporting directly to the Head of Policy. Thus supporting the NIA’s aims of promoting nuclear as part of the UK’s energy mix, raising understanding of energy issues, and fostering the commercial interest of NIA’s member companies.
- Monitoring & analysing developments in energy policy, technology & global issues with a bearing on the current & future development of civil nuclear.
- Researching policy related issues & drafting reports.
- Assisting in preparation for media & political briefings and events held.
- Drafting correspondence with policy makers & relevant stakeholders.
- Helping the preparation of NIA & industry evidence to Parliamentary Committees and Government Consultations.
- Producing regular blogs on topical issues, and for other social media channels.
- Researching content for the NIA website, priority papers, and briefings.
- Drafting presentations & providing content for the Chair and CE to use in speeches.
- Previous policy development or analysis experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in energy and industrial policy, and an understanding of the developments in the electricity production & supply sector, and the role civil nuclear plays in decarbonisation.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to spot trends, interrogate data & present information for non-specialist audiences.
- Understanding of drivers of policy change, and familiarity with Government departments, local government, academia, think tanks, Parliament.
- Ability to develop good relationships within Government, Parliament & academia.
- Strong project management skills & ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the energy industry possibly UK civil nuclear industry.
To apply for this role please submit a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a covering letter describing how your skills and experience make you the outstanding candidate for this position. Please note, if you do not submit a CV, covering letter and statement, we will not be able to process your application.
Closing Date: 29 March 2018
Salary: £34,000 per annum plus benefits.